[LAU] FOSS DAW recommendations

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 12:09:19 UTC 2017

> david:

> On 11/16/2017 06:35 AM, Kjetil Matheussen wrote:
> >> ??James Harkins:
> >>
> >> But of the big ones, you missed muse: http://muse-sequencer.org/
>
> FWIW, I had never heard of that, so I went to check their site. Looks
> like no news there since 9/29/2016.

Muse is one of the really old linux audio programs.  Maybe there's so few
bugs left that it's not that urgent to create new releases? I also checked
github, and it's still being developed, although not as actively as ardour.

> Checked Debian Testing repository and it's not listed. Musescore is, but
> no Muse Sequencer.

I quickly searched the internet for muse debian, and muse is present in
debian. Note that the package name is just "muse", not "muse sequencer".