[LAU] FOSS DAW recommendations

Robert Edge thumbknucklerocks at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 16:11:31 UTC 2017

Ardour is fine.  If you are clear on what it is you are trying to do the
functionality will exist and you'll be able to figure out how to do it.
It's just like sitting down at a studio that happens to run Protools or
Logic or SAW Studio or Reaper and having to take a minute to orient
yourself.

I'm not even an Ardour fan in particular, it's just literally the only game
in town if you actually need a DAW on a Linux machine.  Mixbus is a little
nicer, that's what I use day to day and how I contribute some bucks to the
whole operation.

If you are just fishing and looking for software to help you 'be creative'
it might not be your best choice.