[LAU] FOSS DAW recommendations

David L. Craig dlc.usa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 18:32:50 UTC 2017

On 17Nov17:1526+0100, Kjetil Matheussen wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 3:18 PM, David L. Craig <dlc.usa at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > There is also MuseScore, not a DAW per se, but it focuses on producing
> > standard notation from MIDI input and includes a rudimentary mixer, so
> > the OP might find it useful, although its UI is not very intuitive.
> >

> MuseScore is the old code in Muse to edit western style scores. It was
> taken out by Werner Scheer and put into a separate program instead.
> Werner Scheer was the original author of both Muse and MuseScore.
> Also, not everyone thinks the UI of MuseScore is unintuitive (I haven't
> used it though).

They may be old, but they're not abandoned:

https://github.com/muse-sequencer/muse
https://github.com/musescore/MuseScore
--
<not cent from sell>
May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

"So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
 You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then.
 Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe."
__--from_Nightfall_by_Asimov/Silverberg_________________