[LAU] FOSS DAW recommendations

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Sat Nov 18 12:00:57 UTC 2017

Thorsten Wilms <self-FGF0TiJ1GBKCqcdZnNZY/wC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org>
writes:

> On 17.11.2017 21:56, David Kastrup wrote:
>> I don't have a problem with the workflow.  Merely with that it's
>> completely undiscoverable since it says "make mono regions" instead of
>> "create mono reagions"
>
> If it was "make regions mono" ...

Do what?  Make mono.  On what?  Regions.  Menu lingo is not really that
fine grained...

> I would have leaned towards "create", too, but now I think it does
> give a weaker sense of the new regions being a result of the
> current.

Well, it _is_ in the (region name)/Edit menu so the expectation would be
that it had something to do with (region name).

> How about "derive"?

Or no verb:

"Mono to region list"

is likely enough of a clue to figure out where to look afterwards.

--
David Kastrup