[LAU] Music for programming

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Nov 20 16:13:08 UTC 2017

On Mon, 20 Nov 2017 16:44:33 +0100
Louigi Verona <louigi.verona at gmail.com> wrote:

> Makes sense. Do you find volume low on all the videos?

It's an interesting mixing angle.  For ambient music my first jest
would be to mix as "usual", with approx. -1 dB headroom at the
"mastering" stage.  Skip the "mastering" stage if it's all done in a
single DAW session, but the goal is the same.  But then I would
consider that it is ambient and shouldn't be pushed like that, which is
probably wrong regarding other sounds and musics experienced by the
listener.

Keeping space within ambient music while "pushing" it somewhat...

Cheers.