[LAU] Recording from S/PDIF

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Wed Nov 22 18:06:24 UTC 2017

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017, David Kastrup wrote:

> Well, I don't know.  I am not forced to use the RME Hammerfall Multiface
> either: I do have a cheap CM106 based card somewhere as well.

taking a quick look at: http://www.rme-audio.de/download/mface2_e.pdf page
73, it appears the only concern is to make audio work correctly. However,
looking at page 14 in the SPDIF In paragraph, they do make mention of TMS
which includes track marker information and Channel status information.
Then on page 38 they say, "Channel status and copy protection are
ignored." In fact they replace the incoming headers with their own for
passing spdif straight through even. In all, next to no info.

Assuming by CM106, you mean something that uses the CM106 usb chip:
http://www.steila.com/USB4IO/CMedia/CM106--L_F-Datasheet-1.3.pdf
There seem to be no registers that might hold that information... in fact
less control than the RME. spdif is just another audio in except there
does seem to be a SRC block in there to make sync line up.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net