[LAU] Massive Xruns during recording

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Thu Nov 30 17:31:38 UTC 2017

Nov 30 2017, David Kastrup has written:
> (using ALSA, this implies a default of only 2 buffers).
Actually, it's JACK, but I suppose it doesn't make a great difference in
this case.
> Playing with the disk parameters (in particular to avoid the
> less time-critical bulk writes delaying the playback reads) might help.
To reiterate: I should try to reduce the write-buffer size for my disk
during a recording session?
As for increased JACK buffer sizes: I don't have the opportunity to do
analogue monitoring. It all runs through the soundcards and if they can
do direct monitoring, I can't set it up using only alsamixer/amixer. At
least I haven't managed it so far.

Best wishes and thanks,

Jeanette

--------