[LAU] Trying to start Aeous gives me seg faults

gnome at hawaii.rr.com gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Oct 1 08:10:48 UTC 2017

> On 09/18/2017 06:39 AM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

>>> First shot in such cases is remove/rename config files in home
>>> '/home/david/.aeolus-presets'
>>
>> No, this is due to recent versions of the font libs requiring
>> more stack space.
>>
>> In main.cc, line 253, increase the stack size of the interface
>> thread:
>>
>>    iface->thr_start (SCHED_OTHER, 0, 0x00020000);
>>
>> This should solve the issue.
>
> Thanks. I see that aeolus is up to 0.9.5 according to this:
>
> http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/downloads/index.html
>
> Line 253 in main.cc there matches your line above. So I should increase the 0x00020000? Or is that the value it should be at and my current version has something smaller?
>
> Thanks.

Sorry for delay, but I downloaded the Aeolus source from the link above and tried running make while in the source directory. I got the following error:

g++ -O3 -Wall -MMD -MP -march=native -DVERSION=\"0.9.5\" -DLIBDIR=\"/usr/local/lib64\"  -c -o main.o main.cc
main.cc:28:23: fatal error: clthreads.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
<builtin>: recipe for target 'main.o' failed
make: *** [main.o] Error 1

Ideas?

Also, I can report something else weird. On my desktop machine, running Debian Testing + KXStudio repositories, Aeolus starts up and runs fine. On my laptop, also running Debian Testing + KXStudio repositories, Aeolus dies with the seg fault reported above.

David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com