[LAU] firewire-thunderbolt adapter?

David W. Jones gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Oct 4 00:49:04 UTC 2017

On October 3, 2017 1:02:25 PM HST, Bernardo Barros <bernardo.barros at nyu.edu> wrote:
> On 10/3/17 18:49, David W. Jones wrote:
> > rds, for example.
> >
> > I wonder - could an adaptor connect a Firewire device to USB-C or
> Thunderbolt port?
>
> It's possible on mac-OS, you can plug any firewire sound-card with an
> adapter to Thunderbolt 3.
>
> I just want to know if that's the case on Linux, since no laptop has
> firewire anymore.

Sending back to the list.

I wonder if one of the FW=>Thunderbolt adaptors would work to connect to a non-Mac?

I'd like to know, too, since I have a Firewire audio device sitting at home unused since the demise of my old Toshiba laptop and its Firewire port.

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail.