[LAU] Scaling governor goes back to 'powersave' a bit after boot up

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sun Oct 22 14:19:46 UTC 2017

On Sun, 22 Oct 2017 15:11:40 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> Does it stay with "performance", if you manually switch to
> "performance" after it automatically became "powersave"

Yes it does.  I upgraded to a 'brand new' Linux Mint 18 recently and
been logging as root after every boot, wait for the system to switch to
'powersave' then execute a script that sets the scaling governors
to 'performance' where they stay as such thereafter.

Since the behaviour is steady, I could have a startup script that waits
approx. 30 seconds and then sets 'performance'.  That would very
likely do it but it's not clean.  I'd rather know which process does
this and fix it there.  I'll take a look at the init scripts or
whatever takes this role in recent Linux distros these days but for
now, I have to install some windows.  That is, real ones, in our
house :)  Will take a look later on today.

Cheers.