[LAU] Scaling governor goes back to 'powersave' a bit after boot up

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Oct 23 18:57:32 UTC 2017

On Sun, 22 Oct 2017, jonetsu wrote:

> powersave
>
> Which mechanism decides long after boot that the scaling governor
> should be modified and how to tell it that 'powersave' is not what we
> want ?

Something I have been complaining about for years (won't fix). /etc/rc5.d
has a link called S01ondemand, The README says:

"To disable a service in this runlevel, rename its script in this
directory so that the new name begins with a 'K' and a two-digit
number, and run 'update-rc.d script defaults' to reorder the scripts
according to dependencies."

So rename S01ondemand to K01ondemand and run (sudo) update-rc.d script
defaults. That script has a 60 second delay in it (why?). If you have
installed cpufrequtils there should be a file called S03cpufrequtils in
that directory and look in /etc/default/ for cpufrequtils in there which
should have 1 line
GOVERNOR="performance"

All done... you don't need a custom script or anything.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net