[LAU] Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 128, Issue 20

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Thu Oct 26 07:37:13 UTC 2017

James Harkins <jamshark70-ytc+IHgoah0 at public.gmane.org> writes:

>> From: MartinF
>> Subject: Re: [LAU] M-Audio Fast Track Pro: unreliable, distorted recording
>>
>> I know this post is old, but has a solution been found?
>>
>> I have the exact same problem. I have seen some posts reporting this issue,
>> but no solution. The card works well in Windows.
>
> FWIW, I haven't used a FTP in Linux for some time, but when I did,
> occasionally I got the same thing: clean output, distorted input. I
> guessed that the endianness disagreed. But it was sporadic.
>
> So you're not crazy. It really does happen and it's not a hardware
> problem with the box.
>
> I don't have a solution, though.

Can report the same for a Tascam-122L though this uses a special
"usbstream" method that is so obscure that you cannot find any
documentation for it and need to spell it out in your asoundrc file.

At any rate, sometimes it's just off-sync in the stream (I presume) and
the sound only appears clean at very low volumes when using 24bit
recordings.

--
David Kastrup