[LAU] Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 128, Issue 20

David W. Jones gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Oct 26 09:26:08 UTC 2017

On October 25, 2017 10:48:06 PM HST, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Oct 2017 22:30:38 -1000, David W. Jones wrote:
> >IIRC, the MIME digest format enables replying to individual emails
> >within the digest.
>
> http://www.list.org/mailman-member/node28.html
>
> I already was able to convince the Evolution mailing list to make MIME
> digest the default option for new subscribers. _Nobody_ was against my
> idea.
>
> To expect that there are still MUAs out there, that don't support MIME
> is ridiculous, let alone that a subscriber still could enable
> plain text digest when using an MUA from the Stone Age. IIRC the
> official Debian mailing lists don't offer plain text digest at all,
> but
> IIRC they aren't mailman mailing lists.

Thanks, Ralf, for including the instructions I was too lazy to track down.

I don't know if webmail clients like GMail and such support MIME digests. While I have a GMail account, I only use it through real mail clients.

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail.