[LAU] [ANN] Vee One Suite 0.8.5 - An Autumn'17 release

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Sun Oct 29 16:24:28 UTC 2017

On 10/29/2017 02:34 PM, jonetsu wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Oct 2017 12:15:39 +0000
> Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc at rncbc.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
>> The 'Vee One Suite' of so called 'old-school' software instruments,
>> synthv1 [1] as a polyphonic subtractive synthesizer, samplv1 [2] a
>> polyphonic sampler synthesizer, drumkv1 [3] as yet another drum-kit
>> sampler and padthv1 [4] as a polyphonic additive synthesizer, are here
>> released for the seasonal greetings.
>
> I would like to give them a try.  What do you recommend to get
> them going on the latest Linux Mint 18 (Ubuntu based) ?

you can try the *v1_jack standalone versions of course--try the
AppImages for which you won't need to install anything else but jack.

if you're asking for the lv2 versions, then you either need to build
those from source or wait for the debian and/or kxstudio teams to
package and deliver on their repos; you can also try from my OBS home:
  https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/rncbc/
there are bundled .debs for debian9.0, ubuntu16.04 and ubuntu17.10.

cheers
--
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org