[LAU] I wonder if this hardware would be usable with Linux

Daniel Swärd excds at kth.se
Fri Sep 8 09:18:19 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-09-06 at 22:53 -1000, david wrote:
> iZotope's Spire Studio, WIFI connected device with built-in mic and 2
> inputs for other mics or guitars/synthesizers.
>
> https://www.fastcompany.com/40463399/this-little-wireless-gadget-turns-your-ip
> hone-into-a-diy-recording-studio
>
> I guess it works only with iZotope's iPhone software, unfortunately.

For this you would have to spy on the traffic between the phone and device,
reverse engineer the protocol and then write a linux application that can
provide the recording features of the iphone app. And then that doesn't even
include any upgrades to it, which could change the protocol...

Unless they are complying to a certain standard, I believe this project would be
a complete PITA...

Cheers

	/Daniel