[LAU] Modular software for Linux

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Sep 11 17:27:46 UTC 2017

On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 17:00:19 +0200 (CEST)
"Jeanette C." <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:

> I just read about VCV rack and their modular software. From what I
> understand, it's a concept to mix hard- and software, but I might be
> mistaken, only had a glance yet.
> http://www.vcvrack.com

Neat for people who have or plan to have hardware modules.  Bitwig has
implemented something similar with their CV inputs/outputs in their 2.0
release.  There are a few videos out there that demonstrate it.

At the moment I'd be hard pressed to get into hardware modules such as
the Eurorack or similar.  I am not convinced of the sonic flexibility
one gets versus the price paid for a basic set of modules.