[LAU] Music: Too Late for Goodbyes ?

ORL - AMMD orl at ammd.net
Fri Sep 29 05:27:33 UTC 2017

Hmmm. Those links are pretty "discutable". Telling that 128kbps is OK
for mobile and/or non critical material like rock or heavy metal seems
to me completely false: have you never heard "swiiiiiiish" in the hi
hats of such productions when using low bitrate mp3 (in which I include
128kbps)?

By the way, mp3 works on psycho-acoustics, and is based on the concept
of masking frequencies, so using a spectral view to explain that the
frequency content is or is not there is a non-sense when the principle
lies on the fact that those frequencies wouldn't have been "heard" in
the real world when positionned after certain other frequencies.

And I don't think "sacrifying" low and high ends means that low and high
ends aren't present, it just means that they are altered, and that you
can't check with a spectral view.

Still, I suggest using flac, bandcamp does accept that file format.