[LAU] 384kHz DAC - Monolith USB?

Peter list at schmitteckert.com
Tue Apr 3 10:01:17 CEST 2018

Dear Brent,

Am 03.04.2018 um 02:29 schrieb Brent Busby:
> At my age, I fondly remember the days when I could hear up to 384kHz...
> Now bats and dolphins think I'm pretty ordinary.

just ask your bats to use AM modulated ultra sound to talk to you.
There's actually lots of fun one can do with ultra sound.

E.g., search for Sennheiser and audio beam in your favorite search engine.
In short, while you can't hear the ultra sound, non linear effects allow you
to hear an audio signal that is modulated on top of an ultra sound carrier sound.
The reason for doing so is that ultra sound can be directed. Therefore you could
provide the people sitting in the left a different sound compared to those sitting
in the right.

Best regards,
Peter