[LAU] 384kHz DAC - Monolith USB?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Apr 3 21:13:48 CEST 2018

On Tue, 2018-04-03 at 20:56 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Apr 2018 14:34:54 -0400, Chris Chronopoulos wrote:
> > i'm not aware of any configuration that will get you >16 channels
> > analog for <$1k.
>
> How about the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20? I own one, it provides 18 input
> and 20 output channels for less than USD 1000.00, including an
> additional required ADAT deviceand and S/PDIF device.
>
> It works OTTB with Linux.

Sure, the audio quality of the I/Os of this Focusrite setup can't hold a
candle to the audio quality of my RME gear, which provides less I/Os by
a completely different price range. However, do you think you could
build professional audio quality circuits at home, by less costs, than a
vendor such as  RME could build, by a larger scale production, than you
do at home?