[LAU] 384kHz DAC - Monolith USB?

Chris Chronopoulos chronopoulos.chris at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 21:46:37 CEST 2018

well, thank you for your valuable opinions on how i ought to spend my time.
consider that not everyone shares the cost/benefit analysis that you assume.

unfortunately the original question has still not been addressed: can this
(or other similar) interfaces be run on ALSA drivers at 384 kHz?

Having a 384 kHz DAC is not going to help you getting 8 analog channels.

this i can concede to, and i should clarify that what i'm really interested
in is the high sample rate USB to PCM (I2S) interface. there are dedicated
parts <http://www.ti.com/product/PCM5122> that accomplish this for much
less than $100, which is why i'm interested in users' alsa experiences at
this sample rate.