[LAU] udev broken?

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Apr 12 16:12:32 CEST 2018

On Thu, 12 Apr 2018, Will Godfrey wrote:

> That all fits now unfortunately.
>
> I should have guessed that systemD was involved - especially with gnome
> libraries getting more and more interdependent. Is there nothing that
> horror hasn't got its tentacles into?

Welcome to the new world  :P  I am having my own fight with it at the
moment... cpufrequtils (in init.d) runs before ondemand.service in the
systemd directory as it comes "from the factory". In fact the kernel
modules cpufrequtils needs to talk to are not loaded when it runs. So I
have added a service to replace ondemand.service that: A) turns intel
"Boost(c)" off and then (re)runs cpufrequtils (have to send a stop and
then start). But at least it doesn't get in the way of package updates...

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net