[LAU] Streaming setup with OBS and JACK

hollundertee at gmx.net hollundertee at gmx.net
Wed Aug 1 09:29:25 CEST 2018

On Mon, 30 Jul 2018 08:46:52 -0700 (PDT)
Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Jul 2018, hollundertee at gmx.net wrote:
>
>  [...]
>  [...]
>  [...]
>
> I think you will find this is because the PA-jack bridge is not
> "finished"... actually it is example code which could use some love.
> ignore the warning in other words. The reality is that Pulse does not
> ensure bit perfect throughput anyway. Samples are lost over time whic
> is why Pulse is not suitable for most proaudio applications with the
> exception of live on air phone calls via skype.

Thanks, I will ignore these errors then.

>  [...]
>
> Cadence is an all in solution. If it does what you need it is great,
> but if you need something else, you need to learn what Cadence has
> done. In other words you not only have to know jack and pulse, but
> cadence as well.
>
>  [...]
>
> use Catia or the Carla. (my opinion)

Thanks.

>  [...]
>
> Calf looks nice but there are others with better DSP.

Which ones would you suggest?

Come to think of it, given JACK I could do the gain reduction metering
myself if the plugin doesn't support it. Just put a good meter before
and after the effect and compare.

For session management it seems not much has changed. There is
JACK Session, NSM, LADISH (Claudia) and some simpler solutions that
mostly can't restore internal state, correct?
Given that some programs don't support any session management protocol
(OBS, possibly others) what would you recommend?

Regards,
Philipp