[LAU] New browser chiptune live-coding environment

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Fri Aug 3 03:44:04 CEST 2018

Hi Louigi,

Thank you very much for testing, much appreciated!

On 02/08/18 21:23, Louigi Verona wrote:
> Is it possible to have a button to
> play the code or at least a less used shortcut?

Yes good idea I will add this. Will help on mobile devices too where you
can't hit `ctrl`.

> Ctrl-S would try to save
> the html if I click somewhere else first and I wish playing code
> would've been simpler.

Ctrl-S should not try to save the page as the event is supposed to be
suppressed. Can you let me know:

  * What browser/OS you are on.
  * If you see any errors in the console (ctrl/cmd-shift-J).
  * What is in the editor box when you saw this happen.

This will help me replicate & diagnose.

> And then a question - is it possible to save the tune? So that it can be
> used, say, in a game?
Yes that's a great feature idea. In the short term it would probably not
be too hard to export some number of bars to JSON. The JSON could then
be used to re-render the tune in the browser or on the command line for
playback. I'll add it to the list.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Chris.