[LAU] M-Audio Fast Track Pro: unreliable, distorted recording

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Aug 4 07:13:22 CEST 2018

On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 01:49:07 +0200, Christopher Arndt wrote:
>Be aware though, that this is a powerful and complex device, so it is
>advisable to watch some YT tutorial videos on how to set up the routing
>for different purposes.

Even 'powerful and complex' professional audio gear is designed to be
self-explaining. I learned the hard way to stay away from less
expensive gear, that provides professional audio quality and features,
but a bad design to use it. Such gear ends up as dust catcher and for
the money of two dust catchers, we get one device that is usable, while
we are in an emotional creative process.

I can't comment on the mentioned device, however, a 'be aware' warning,
that a brief look into the manual isn't enough, doesn't sound promising.