[LAU] M-Audio Fast Track Pro: unreliable, distorted recording

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Aug 4 16:08:00 CEST 2018

On Sat, 2018-08-04 at 15:03 +0200, Felix Homann wrote:
> Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> schrieb am Sa., 4. Aug. 2018 um 07:13 Uhr:
> > Even 'powerful and complex' professional audio gear is designed to be
> > self-explaining.
>
> Sorry, in general that's just nonsense

Sure, nowadays the truth is nonsense, alternative facts are better. You
are aware that professional audio engineers often are working at
different locations, with different gear and that they are often faced
with a device, they never used before? That's no problem, if those
devices are self-explaining.

Yes, regarding some very special gear, a brief look into the user manual
or a short explanation of somebody who worked with the device could be
useful.

However, I own at least two devices, with that bad designed user
interfaces, that I don't or at best seldom use them, even while I know
how to operate those devices.

It's worth to chime in, even while I don't know this particular device,
when you recommend YouTube videos. What's wrong with the user manual? Is
it that complicated, that it requires to take lessons to use the device?