[LAU] M-Audio Fast Track Pro: unreliable, distorted recording

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Aug 5 11:52:55 CEST 2018

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 00:31:16 -0400, jonetsu wrote:
>Absolutely. You posted a cheap, stereotypical video that's solely made
>to exploit a certain narrow range of emotions where truly humane
>feelings have no place and are even debased.  It is expected that under
>those restrictive adopted limits one would immediately feel outraged at
>a same strong opinion going the other way.  Because there's no leeway,
>despite all the pseudo goodness and pseudo chivalry, to squarely face
>the exploitation aspect of such propaganda.

It's well made sarcastic humour, from the times before "political
correctness" became a plague, so it is, but not that that much playing
with the starry-eyed idealism you mentioned, but more with the general
issue of turning a blind eye. Keep in mind the film is older than a
quarter of a century. I suspect for the older generation (people of my
age, around 50 years young) that this is the most known short film in
Germany, even in my hometown Oberhausen, the city of the "International
Short Film Festival Oberhausen". I guess here it's even more known,
than the media hyped Oscar winner short film "Balance", that is also
from around a quarter of a century.

Btw. to eat something or to listen to music even by using headphones in
most, if not all German local public transport vehicles is not
permitted. Joking aside, the translation is missing some nice humour.
The word "Hottentotten" is translated with "savages",
https://www.dict.cc/?s=hottentotten .

Around a quarter of a century this film was often shown by public
service broadcasting. Showing this film would be much more suitable
nowadays, so here is a conspiracy theory: The governing coalition would
dislike to show it nowadays and public service broadcasting cares about
the wishes of the governing coalition. "Black" helicopters, I need to
leave the building.