[LAU] aeolus, compiled and repos

tom haddington meshugga42 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 13:35:46 CEST 2018

Hello, All--

i'm running Ubuntu Studio 16.04, for starters.  The Aeolus that came with
the distro simply closes upon starting.  It also crashes patchage when
doing so.  i really got no error, not even a seg fault, except that the
terminal told me that Aeolus couldn't read ~/.aeolus-presets.

So, i went to the website and downloaded the latest version.  After
compiling.  Aeolus would start, but no stops are displayed.  The terminal
tells me, "Can't open 'stops/Aeolus/definition' for reading."

This is very unfortunate.  A few years ago, i gave a temperament lecture
and relied heavily on Aeolus.  i'd like to know that i can give it again.
Any help would be appreciated.

Take care,
tom