[LAU] command line midi processing

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Wed Aug 29 23:14:54 CEST 2018

Aug 29 2018, Francesco Ariis has written:
> No (I should carefully reread my messages before pressing "send" :P);
> "string" refers to "string instruments". Some patches have nice strings
> but with a slowish attack. That leads to an awkward mismatch if you
> compose for a fast-attack instrument + a slow-attack one
> (harpsichord/choir, recorder/strings, etc.).
>
> So I would like to anticipate the attack on some channels by a tiny
> bit, so the whole composition sounds sharper.
> Hope it is clearer now!
Sorry, got confused by the "anticipation". :) So would you like to move
the notes a bit before the beat to compensate for the long attack or
rather try to choose a different sound with a shorter attack?
I might have ideas - more or less scriptable  - for the latter, but not
for the former.

Best wishes.

Jeanette

--------
  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

What's practical is logical. What the hell, who cares?
All I know is I'm so happy when you're dancing there. <3
(Britney Spears)