[LAU] New GxValveCaster LV2 plugin

Hermann Meyer brummer- at web.de
Thu Dec 6 17:16:16 CET 2018

Am 06.12.18 um 15:22 schrieb Christopher Arndt:
> Am 05.12.18 um 09:06 schrieb Hermann Meyer:
>> I've developed a new LV2 plugin, the ValveCaster.
>>
>> It's a tube based boost guitar pedal simulation.
>>
>> It could as well colorize your synth or your Bass to become a "tuby" sound.
> Sounds quite good on a Behringer Model D too.
>
> The one thing to note, though, is that the effect is already quite
> pronounced even with the gain at zero.
>

> Chris

Glade you like it.

This is a simulation of the original Valvecaster circuit, the "gain"
control the bias resistor of the first half tube, so the effect can't be
completely suppressed even at zero setting.

There floating around a couple of mods for this circuit, which I ain't
have tried so far, but maybe I could include some of them, optional with
a mod selector or so. Increasing the value of the gain controller is one
of the mods, which may lead to a more suppressed effect on zero setting.

I've to try that.

regards

hermann