[LAU] 192kHz soundcard?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Dec 8 11:09:54 CET 2018

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 09:50:14 +0000, Will Godfrey wrote:
>On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 09:59:50 +0100
>Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>
>>A long time ago I tested 192 KHz with my RME HDSPe AIO. The noise
>>floor increased that much, that at least with this card, 192 KHz for
>>my taste are unusable for audio productions,
>Of course the noise floor increased- it's double the bandwidth!
>But all that extra 'noise' is going to be way outside the audible
>range.

IIRC it was audible, but I might be mistaken. Your claim is, that the
additional noise is in a frequency range we don't hear, it doesn't
affect the audible frequency range? The meters just show the sum of all
frequencies? Maybe. Perhaps I'll test it again, but since I've got an
incurable tinnitus since this year, I anyway might be unable to notice
some kinds of nuances anymore.

--
Kitty, Daisy & Lewis - The Game Is On
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL6Cuo0YPlo