[LAU] 192kHz soundcard?

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Sat Dec 8 23:35:14 CET 2018

On 12/7/18 9:46 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i'm looking for a soundcard that can capture at 192kHz, preferably 4
> channels (at this samplerate), with phantom power.
> the frequency response should be fairly flat up to 85kHz (i'm mainly
> interested in the frequency range between 77kHz and 81kHz).

I tried the RME RayDAT with an external converter (Ferrofish A16 Mk II)
- the RayDAT works fine on Linux at 192 kHz also at low latency (round
trip delay about 1ms), and with the A16 you can get 4 channels, however,
they don't have phantom power or mic amps built in. Total cost is about
1.500 €, but if you have converters lying around the RayDAT is "only"
600. I did not measure the frequency response, but if you are interested
I could do next week.

Best,

Giso