[LAU] for sale: "vintage" RME interfaces

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Dec 13 23:15:16 CET 2018

It's bonanza time for anyone interested in some RME gear for use with
"vintage" computers (defined as ones with a PCI bus. Yes, PCI. Not PCI(x)
or PCI(e) or other later variant. Just PCI).

What's available:

     RME Hammerfall 9652
           3x ADAT in/out
           Daughterboard for word clock
           Breakout cable for 9-pin Sony protocol & S/PDIF
           Little-endian ROM chip installed, Big-endian enclosed

    RME HDSP9652
          3x ADAT in/out
          (missing MIDI I/O breakout cable)

    RME Digiface
           half-height PCI card
           External breakout box, 3x ADAT in/out, S/PDIF, MIDI, word clock
           (nice long) Cable to connect

Bonus:
      PCMCIA card for digiface, with required cable
      2 x ADAT cables

I fully understand that these are now all legacy products, but they also
all continue to function at the highest levels. If you have the right bus,
and want/need the I/O configurations that these devices offer, you still
cannot get a better device, even 20 years (in some cases) after their
original release.

I'm not looking to make money on these devices, but I don't want to give
them away either. I'd prefer to ship them all as a single package (anywhere
in the world). So, make me an offer.

All were working the last time I used them; if any are not working when you
receive them, I'll refund you an appropriate part of whatever you paid.

I'm listing them here first because of the importance of this crowd and
these interfaces to what I've been doing for the last 20 years.

Make me an offer. For history buffs, the RME Hammerfall 9652 was the
interface that made me write Ardour.