[LAU] Looking for voice recording suggestions

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Dec 15 16:34:03 CET 2018

On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 12:41:56 +0100, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>As already suggested, don't let the actors fiddle with the mic.
>Be strict about that.

This is probably the most serious issue.

>Cut out everything below 100 Hz.

My analog mixer provides a 75 Hz low cut for microphone usage. It might
be helpful to record others with a highpass filter. If I record myself,
I dislike to use it, when doing the recording. When using cheap
microphones I like to get all available frequencies and filter when
doing the final mix. However, it's reasonable to use a highpass
already when doing the recording.

Btw. I'm living in an old building with a cheap wood floor that could
cause unwanted noise. The carpet doesn't help, neither does any filter.
It's easier to do microphone recordings even on a tiled floor without a
carpet, as long as it isn't a bathroom.