[LAU] for sale: "vintage" RME interfaces

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Dec 19 17:00:00 CET 2018

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 10:22 AM David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org> wrote:

> <karl at aspodata.se>
> I could offer an RME Hammerfall DSP with PCcard32 (I don't think there
> is a PCMCIA card for any RME: they'd just not have the bandwidth.
> Because of the identical size factor, the difference is lost on many).

RME used "Cardbus" interfaces. From http://www.bixnet.com/pccaandex.html

"CardBus are PCMCIA 5.0 or later (JEIDA 4.2 or later) 32-bit PCMCIA
devices, introduced in 1995 and present in laptops from late 1997 onward.
CardBus is effectively a 32-bit, 33 MHz PCI bus in the PC Card form factor.
CardBus includes bus mastering, which allows a controller on the bus to
talk to other devices or memory without going through the CPU. Many
chipsets are available for both PCI and CardBus, such as those that support
Wi-Fi."