[LAU] studio prep question.

David W. Jones gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Feb 24 12:04:54 CET 2018

On February 23, 2018 9:32:20 PM HST, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 16:56:51 -1000, David W. Jones wrote:
> >Yes, I understand that 4-foot thick solid stone walls are effective
> >for that  purpose ;)
>
> German WWII high-rise bunker provide very well sound reduction by the
> walls-ceiling-floor combination, but unless you don't want to die from
> a CO intoxication, the acoustic pitfalls are the ventilation shafts.

The building that inspired my reference was that of a private home in Sacramento, CA, that had solid stone walls that thick. But it had windows and doors and was only a single floor, so much better ventilated than a bunker!

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.