[LAU] Looking for AMD motherboard with PCI slot

michael noble looplog at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 09:14:33 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jan 7, 2018 at 2:18 PM, Ivan K <ivan_521521 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> So for a processor for the ASUS board (PRIME B350-PLUS),
> I could go two ways:
>
> (1) RYZEN 5 quad-core (or 6-core)  and a third party
> graphics card.
>
> or:
>
> (2) AMD A10-Series APU 7th Gen A10-9700
> 4-core CPU/6-core GPU and use the onboard
> Integrated AMD Radeon R Series Graphics.
>
> What are people's opinions?
> Should I prefer one or the other?

Unless you are seriously trying to save pennies, I personally don't think
there is much of a comparison. The A10 is a previous generation chip from
an architecture that is not well-regarded for its performance or
efficiency. Conversely, the Zen architecture has been somewhat of a home
run for AMD.

If you really want integrated graphics, AMD is slated to release new APUs
based on the Zen architecture in the first quarter of this year. Otherwise,
as David said, Ryzen either way would be my suggestion.