[LAU] Example setup for zita-njbridge in multicast mode?

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at ponderworthy.com
Tue Jan 9 23:28:32 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-01-09 at 08:44 -0800, Len Ovens wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jan 2018, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
>
> > zita-n2j 239.255.0.10 55555 enp0s25
> > zita-j2n --jserv SOFT1 239.255.0.10 55555 enp0s25
> > ita-j2n --jserv SOFT2 239.255.0.10 55555 enp0s25
>
> BTW, free computers are not that hard to come by... I would set this
> up on
> three machines. I think that would avoid some of the confusion.
> Running
> three instances of jackd is already "interesting" but running multi-
> cast
> all on one machine sounds like interesting times indeed. You need to
> be
> very clear in your mind what the roll of each instance of jackd is.

Indeed, if this were not a portable application, I would have an
interesting layout by now :-)  But this is a single transportable box
that I take on gigs, and another which has to sit politely in a little
corner of a keyboard area at the church, so getting performance out of
single boxes is important.

--
Jonathan E. Brickman   jeb at ponderworthy.com   (785)233-9977
Hear us at http://ponderworthy.comcom -- CDs and MP3 now available!