[LAU] Example setup for zita-njbridge in multicast mode?

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at ponderworthy.com
Tue Jan 9 23:31:07 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-01-09 at 18:04 +0000, Will Godfrey wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 11:26:19 -0600
> "Chris Caudle" <chris at chriscaudle.org> wrote:
>
> > Going through the network to jack adapter layer adds additional
> > latency,
> > so I'm not sure exactly what the purpose of running separate jack
> > servers
> > at low latency would be compared to just running a single server
> > with
> > higher latency settings.
> >

> I seem to remember hearing somewhere that the jack server can't make
> use of
> multiple cores, but surely multiple *severs* could each be on their
> own core.

JACK1 is single-core, JACK2 can spread itself out.  But on my big
production box, an 8-core 4GHz with 8G RAM, at last test, I was using
25% of CPU spread out evenly, but showing 75% of JACK DSP resources in
use.  Therefore there's a lot left over that I can't get at, with just
one JACK2 process. :-)

--
Jonathan E. Brickman   jeb at ponderworthy.com   (785)233-9977
Hear us at http://ponderworthy.comcom -- CDs and MP3 now available!