[LAU] Example setup for zita-njbridge in multicast mode?

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at ponderworthy.com
Wed Jan 10 01:04:00 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-01-09 at 19:51 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 07:44:07PM +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> > Once that works, also try 127.0.0.1 instead of a real NIC.
>
> In case that what you want is to send from SOFT1 and SOF2 to
> your 'main' Jack, you need two senders and two receivers. In
> that case don't use multicast, just give each link its own
> port number.
>
> Caio,

Am trying three soft and one hard, using a separate j2n/n2j pair for
each soft, the first on port 55551, the second on 55552, the third on
55553.  Oddly enough, it didn't work if I set every pair to 127.0.0.1,
but is working delightfully setting the first pair to 127.0.0.1, the
second to 127.0.0.2, and the third to 127.0.0.3.  (If that didn't work,
I'd go back to using a dummy NIC with firejail.)  I do have to give
each pair a quarter-second or so to settle before starting the next,
but this is my normal experience for all JACK clients, I have a Python
library prepared to handle the automation once I get that far.

--
Jonathan E. Brickman   jeb at ponderworthy.com   (785)233-9977
Hear us at http://ponderworthy.comcom -- CDs and MP3 now available!