[LAU] How to get started writing a JACK app? (also what distro for BeagleBone)

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Wed Jan 10 21:53:31 UTC 2018

> On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 3:48 PM, Andrew Voelkel <jandyman.voelkel at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>       Then there is advertising your pins and capabilities. I was mystified
>       when looking at the simple JACK examples that I didn’t see code for
>       dealing with these issues (e.g. being sample rate aware).

  jack_get_sample_rate (jack_client_t *)
  Allows being sample rate aware, then there is a call back that lets you
know if the sample rate has changed: jack_set_sample_rate_callback ()

A sample program does not get into these things, but from the samples it
seems pretty obvious how to use these other calls. I have found the jackd
API to be consistant in the way that it works though most of my jackd
clients have been MIDI not audio, I have had no problem figuring out the
midi from audio sample programs. The API is documented at
http://jackaudio.org/files/docs/html/index.html
Half way down the page is the text: "The full API is described in:" try
the links under that.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net