[LAU] OT Design of audio space

worik root at worik.org
Wed Jan 10 22:33:43 UTC 2018

Friends

Not Linux specific.

I am involved in the design of one, and renovation of another, space for
performing amplified music.  I have been looking for advice on acoustic
design.  In both cases there is nothing I can do about the basic
external shape but in both cases I have a lot of control over the
internal lining design.

Acoustic isolation is important, and I can find advice on that (plenty)
on the web.  But what I cannot find is advice on how to make it sound
good inside.

The b3est advice I have had was a throwaway comment about avoiding right
angles, and it seems logical to me to avoid parrallel walls that can
support a standing wave and be susceptible to resonance. But beyond that
I am a bit at sea.

Is there any place on the web that documents best practice for some one
in this position?

Worik

--
      If not me then who?  If not now then when?  If not here then where?
                So, here I stand, I can do no other