[LAU] jpmidi

David Adler d.adler at posteo.de
Thu Jan 11 18:41:26 UTC 2018

On 11.01.2018 13:12, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Hey again,
> does anyone use jpmidi and rely on the juliencoder.de hosted copy? If
> not that too could be removed in the near future.

An AUR build script I maintain relied on it, until a few minutes ago.

Apparently someone adopted this project and gave it a new home on
github.  The first commit message there says "v0.2 as hosted by
juliencoder.de/jpmidi" so I'd say you can remove it from your site,
no information will be lost.

The most recent commit by the new maintainer is from 2013, the
changes are sane, it builds and runs as expected.

I changed https://wiki.linuxaudio.org/apps/all/jpmidi to reflect the
new home.

Given this little story, I'm actually glad we saved it on your site back
several years ago.  I recall that it went offline, I still had a copy of
the code and asked here on the list where to host it, whereupon you
offered help.  Yay, success!

-d