[LAU] Jack - buffers V periods

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Fri Jan 19 02:06:13 UTC 2018

On Thu, January 18, 2018 6:10 pm, Michael Jarosch wrote:
> Then: What's missing to make pulseaudio being able to handle pro-audio
> (and resolves us from the sound-server-mess :) )?

Red Hat is working on something along those lines, but they decided to
also make the server support video, so that it is a full multi-media
server, not just audio.  I think (my opinion only) that will make the task
so much more complicated that it will be years before there is a working
version that serves the use of  PulseAudio and jack in a single server, if
they ever finish.  Maybe I am too pessimistic, hopefully they will have a
proof of concept sometime this year.

https://pipewire.org/

--
Chris Caudle