[LAU] Jack - buffers V periods

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Jan 19 02:36:04 UTC 2018

just to expand on that a bit. you can build a push model API on top of a
pull model API fairly easily; the other way around is hard.

all the pro-audio APIs that have ever existed use pull model, because it
implicitly respects and models the hardware's realtime constraints.

encouraging (forcing) applications to use this model is an important part
of why pull model APIs work.