[LAU] FFMPEG audio/video editing question

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Thu Jan 25 19:02:24 UTC 2018

Hey hey,
I'm just trying to concatenate two mpeg4 videos that I have created with
ffmpeg. One has a series of images (a true video), the other just has a still.
Here's how they were created:
ffmpeg -loop 1 -y -i image.jpg -i sound.wav -acodec aac -vcodec mpeg4 -s
1280x720 -shortest result.mp4
(the options from -vcodec to -s were later exchanged for the ones in the
commandline below, almost same result)
ffmpeg -r 24 -start_number 1 -i image%03d.jpg -c:v libx264 -r 24 -pix_fmt
yuv420p -i sound.wav -acodec aac out.mp4
(swapped the first commandline for everything from -c:v to -pix_fmt)

For concatenation I tried:
ffmpeg -f concat -safe 0 -i mylist.txt -c copy output.mp4
(where mylist.txt contained lines:
file file1.mp4
I also tried converting the mpeg4s to intermediate .ts files:
ffmpeg -i input1.mp4 -c copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -f mpegts
intermediate1.ts
And then used:
ffmpeg -i "concat:intermediate1.ts|intermediate2.ts" -c copy -bsf:a
aac_adtstoasc output.mp4

With the original options for the first and second video, the direct
concatenation failed, because they apparently had different video/image
formats.

After rerendering the still, they'd concatenate, but only play the first
(moving) video correctly and then just skip through the rest. The same for the
second concatenation method with intermediate .ts files.

Can anyone point out where I went wrong. Or even better give me a few correct
commandlines. :)

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound

Don't care about money