[LAU] Ubuntu 18.04 can't stop Jack from qjackctl

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sat Jul 7 17:49:50 CEST 2018

On Sat, 7 Jul 2018, Dale Powell wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I've been using Ubuntu Studio since 14.04, always run with Jack as the main audio
> server and generally never had any issues. Upgraded to Ubuntu Studio 18.04 and
> everything was fine for some months but within the last week or so I can't get
> the Jack Server to Stop from within QJackCtl, the application just hangs, making
> it quite a pain to change between using my internal and external devices!
>
> Any idea what may be causing this or steps to fault find the issue?

I am running ubuntustudio 18.04 and have not had that issue. the first
thing to try is from the command line try:
jack_control stop
or:
jack_control exit
Either of which should also stop jackdbus. If these give you an error as
well, then jackdbus is the problem. if they work, the problem would be
with qjackctl itself.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net