[LAU] Interface a PBX system with JACK

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Thu Jul 12 00:37:11 CEST 2018

Hey hey,
is there any - easy way - of interfacing a PBX (phone system) software like
Asterisk or Freeswitch with JACK? Preferrably with the commandline only. The
usecase is simply to use the computer with microphone and speakers as the
handset, possibly directly connecting other JACK applications into the phone
conversation.

I know that an FXO card is required to hook up the computer to the phone
network and that the machine can then serve as a voicemail or routiing system.

I also know that Asterisk has - more likely had - a JACK module, but
apparently this has never been intended to work perfectly, nor has it been
maintained in years.

I'd be grateful for any tips and hints.

Best wishes,

Jeanette