[LAU] reducing xruns (System configuration)

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Fri Jul 20 16:21:07 CEST 2018

On Fri, July 20, 2018 3:52 am, david wrote:
> And I figured out where to put pti=off on my various GRUB lines, so now
> it boots with it off. And my desktop latency is back to 10msecs. :)

That is good to know. And depressing, one more thing to add to the latency
performance checklist. Set RT permissions, add user to audio group, etc.
...oh, and one last thing, you need to decide whether you want better
performance or want to protect against malicious software reading you
kernel memory.  You do have separate dedicated computers for audio and
banking, right? And a third for general web use?  Just make sure you
banking and web browsing computers leave PTI enabled, it's probably OK to
disable it on your dedicated audio computer since you don't connect it to
the Internet.

--
Chris Caudle