[LAU] Official experimental and unsupported Linux builds for REAPER available

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Mon Jul 23 17:51:31 CEST 2018

Hi all,

the German Linux online news site pro-linux.de alerted me to the fact
[1], that there are now official Linux builds for REAPER available for
download on their download page [2].

The Linux builds are still "experimental and unsupported" and plug-in
support exists only for Linux VST, not LV2 or LADSPA (yet?).

I've downloaded and tried the 64-bit version on Arch Linux and played
around with it a bit (not very much) and it looks as if it works rather
well. I tried a few Linux VSTs and wrapping an LV2 plug-in with
Carla-VST, which seemed to work well (I didn't test parameter recall,
though).

I'm curious about what experiences with REAPER for Linux other make /
have made, so let's hear it.

Chris

[1]
https://www.pro-linux.de/news/1/26107/audio-workstation-reaper-mit-erster-nativer-linux-version.html