[LAU] c++ library for reading/writing MIDI files

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Jul 29 18:16:51 CEST 2018

we use libsmf (a C library) inside ardour.

it's fairly good.

we wrap it in a fairly thin C++ layer in a single source code module in
libevoral, and internal ardour library.

we have found bugs in libsmf that we have not pushed upstream for various
reasonably defensible reasons. they are not serious and you are not that
likely to encounter them.